Saturday, October 24, 2009

Outline Plans for Along the Alphabet Path - D Week

♥ List of Ideas~
Daddy
Dogs
dolphins
daffy duck
Donald duck
daisy duck
Dr Seuss
dolls
ducks
daisies
Disney
Disneyland
dancing
dentist
driving
dingos
doctor
donkey
deer
dinner
dinosaurs
dragons
dragonfly
Denmark
damsel
dollar
Drawing
decoupage
Doves

♥ D Saints ~
Dominic
Damien of Molokai
Dunstan
Dorothy
King David
Daniel in the Lions Den
Divine Mercy

♥ Famous People ~
Walt Disney
Debussy
Dvorak
Edgar Degas
Tomie De Paola
Leonardo daVinci
Donut Man
Doris Day

♥ Flower Fairies ~
Double Daisy
Daisy

Flower Fairies CD ~
listen to D song
colour Double Daisy Fairy form here

♥ Food ~
Donuts
dumplings
devil food cake
date cake
D cookies
Sticky Date pudding
devilled Eggs
dips

♥ Movies ~
Dudley Do right
Daddy Daycare
Donald Duck
Daffy Duck

♥ Fairy Tales ~
The Darning Needle (A)
The Daisy (A)
The Dumb Book (A)
The Days of the Week (A)
Dance Dance Doll of Mine (A)
The Drop of Water (A)
The Dryad (A)
The Devil and the Three Golden Hairs (G)
The Death of the Little Red Hen (G)
Doctor Know all (G)
The Devil's Sooty Brother (G)
Donkey Cabbages (G)
The Devil and his Grandfather (G)
The Donkey (G)
The Ditmars Tale of Wonders (G)
The Duration of Life (G)
Deaths messengers (G)
The Drummer (G)

♥ Musical Instruments ~
Drums
Didgeridoo
Dulcimer

♥ Activities ~
letter D ideas
Various alphabet pages ~ need to link to each letter
doe colouring page
Family dinner colouring page
dragon dot to dot
Colour St Damien
St Dominic colouring page
King David colouring page
colour do your Duty
colour the St Dominic Eden drew for us

Read the Serindipity D Story
Learn the Double Daisy Poem from The Flower Fairy Book
learn 'doe a deer' from sound of music
make a bees wax D
embroider D on felt or calico
make Paper dolls from our pattern we have used for years
sew a small felt doll
draw animals that start with D
pin prick D shape and/or d shape animals
D stickers on paper and draw a D
Jan Brett and little handwriting D shape pages
use the D sound pouch
digging for dinosaurs
make dragon wings
drawing D in cornmeal
make dragon fly's
Learn a D poem
make a D saint from wooden people (along with the others we missed)

This is all I can think of at the moment.

Blessings,

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Thank you for leaving a comment, it's such a treat to have like-minded blog friends. It's no wonder you aren't able to get away for a weekend, with what...11 kiddos? That's dreamy though, I'd love 11.

I love the idea of having a daily goal posted. May I borrow it?

Gae said...

Yes no problem at all. I enjoyed visiting your blog and will be regualarly coming over
Blessings

Rose said...

Hello Gae, You have such a wonderful and inspiring blog. I am a homeschool mom, also! I was not sure if anyone homeschooled in Australia. I also say the Rosary. I have noticed that sometimes the
prayer to St. Michael the Archangel is missing in some of the Rosary booklets. It is my favorite prayer. Do you know it? I could type it out for you, if you would like. I pray to Jesus and just feel such comfort from Mother Mary. I love sitting near her and adoring her. At my church there is a statue of Mary~She is crushing the head of the serpent~as it says in Genesis. I sit on the benches and smell the lavender that surrounds her and all the beautiful herbs and flowers. To see such beauty I forget all my anxiety or problems and everything seems so balanced. Did you ever watch Mother Angelica? God bless and I am so happy that I have come to visit~your posts have been a real blessing to me, Rose