Sunday, July 10, 2011

Main Lesson Blocks - from Seasons Of Joy

 I am posting this here for my own benefit for Main Lesson Planning ~ this is a direct copy form Annette at Seasons Of Joy.

While I do love lots of the Waldorf style lessons I DO NOT agree with the anthroposophy behind the teaching. 

So you want to put together a main lesson block/unit study…

Here are some of the places I like to check when I am planning..,

First
I like to check out what Eugene Schwartz has to say about the lesson. I might also pop over to A Little Garden Flower and see what Melisa has to say. The last expert I like to check is Christopherus. I don’t necessarily buy anything– I just like to get a feel for what they have to say about the lesson.

Next
I like to check out the following free resources:
My library (put  books on hold!)
I pop over to mainlesson.com to pick some stories.
The Online Waldorf Library always has some good stuff as well.
Homeschool Share has free printables, lapbooks, etc.
I look for inspiration in the Waldorf Teacher Gallery.


Finally
If I have a little money to spend I might go over to  Currclick and see what they have:
CurrClick
I also have a few favorite blogs I like to check out for inspiration:
Faerie School archives
Our Little Nature Nest
The Parenting Passageway
Hawaii’ian Dreaming

Ancient Hearth
Schooling from the Heart
Mind you, these are just some online resources. I haven’t even begun to list all the print resources out there!

Blessings,

1 comment:

Standinginhislight said...

Thanks for sharing the resources, and I love the way you outline Term 3. Now THAT is my kind of planning! *smile*
~Sheri